Penguin Random House LLC 2019 Fall Internship: Kodansha Comics in New York, New York
Penguin Random House Publisher Services is seeking a part-time paid intern for the fall to work as part of our Kodansha Comics team in New York City. The successful candidate will perform diverse tasks spanning editorial, production, publicity, and marketing, giving the intern a chance to become familiar with every aspect of how an American manga publisher operates. As the primary role will involve either proofreading or design, the candidate will need to be extremely detail-oriented, and prior experience with writing, editing, proofreading, design, or translation is preferred.
Responsibilities and duties
• Proofreading manga, ads, and other materials prior to publication, and/or designing advertising and images for online and print use
• Assisting the production manager or director of publishing with data entry and checking related to production and sales
• Handling office inventory and maintaining the library
• Other tasks depending on individual strengths and skills
• Familiarity with manga or comics
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Prior experience as a writer, proofreader, copy editor, designer, or fact checker strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of or interest in the Japanese language is an advantage, but not required.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator is an advantage, but not required.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM Penguin Random House offers 10-week PAID internship opportunities available in our adult, children's, and corporate divisions. Interns are exposed to the publishing process and our business through panels, networking events, and even brown bag lunches throughout the semester! Fall interns work for 14 hours per week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 2ND, 2019
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 37911