Penguin Random House LLC Account Manager, Higher Education - Southeast Region in Charleston, South Carolina
Penguin Random House has an exciting opportunity for you to become a part of our ever-growing Higher Education Sales team and contribute to our growth as an Account Manager.
The Account Manager will work with colleges and universities to drive institutional sales and exceed key performance indicators through the adoption of Penguin Random House (PRH) titles and digital solutions. The role will secure relationships with individuals at all levels of each account by targeting key decision makers and influencers, bookstores, departmental assistants, instructors, professors, department chairs, committees, and institutional leadership and will also provide feedback to management on processes and best practices to better work with the Education market.
The Account Manager will cover colleges and universities in the Southeast by phone and select colleges in person, depending on their location. The Manager will ideally be located in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or South Carolina.
In this role, you will:
• Create and execute an Annual Account Plans with detailed strategy on expanding sales and raising PRH's profile with all stakeholders.
• Develop actionable daily and weekly plans utilizing standardized tools to ensure maximum territory and school coverage, including travel to all Top Target accounts at least twice per selling season.
• Develop a strong sales pipeline for PRH Education Focus Titles, delivering excellent opportunity-to-close ratios by understanding target markets and prioritizing accordingly.
• Secure course material adoptions and institutional contracts that increase new transaction and dollar-per-student ratios over multi-year adoption life cycles.
• Utilize consultative-selling capabilities to uncover unique needs of the institution, program, or course, and offer solutions to meet these needs.
• Demonstrate strong subject-matter expertise to assist academics in identifying appropriate content options and solutions for program courses while addressing customer needs and interfacing with PRH Education marketing teams.
• Understand the purchasing model for each institution, working with them accordingly to maximize revenue capture through inclusive purchasing models, digital initiatives, and distributor and bookstore relationships, etc.
• Maximize the use of PRH systems and tools for territory management.
• Engage in follow-up activities related to campaigns executed by Education Marketing Teams where agreed upon.
• Support accounts in all aspects related to customer service and troubleshooting to ensure a delightful customer experience.
• Travel to and attend education conferences as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• 3 years of direct selling experience; higher education sales experience a plus
• A passion for books and an understanding of their place in education
• Proven ability to cultivate and maintain business relationships
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Highly motivated with the proven ability to work well independently
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel via plane, train, and car about 50% of the year
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Knowledge of SAP, Salesforce, and Concur a plus
• Knowledge of OMM (print sampling system) and VitalSource and RedShelf (digital sampling systems), a plus
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.